The Junior League of Pelham is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Founded in 1941, the Junior League of Pelham (JLP) plays a vital role in improving Pelham and neighboring communities. The JLP’s Signature Projects over the years included Woodland Park, Martha Emmons Weihman Park Restoration Project, Lanterns of Pelham Project and Julianne’s Playground.
In addition to offering continuous opportunities for professional and personal growth, the JLP is an incredible place to create lifelong, meaningful friendships with extraordinary women in a structured and magnanimous environment while making a positive impact on your community.
Benefits of Membership
- Meet new, interesting people within your community.
- Network with women from a variety of backgrounds and interests.
- Gain insights into community needs.
- Volunteer through organized projects.
- Participate in exciting fundraisers and special events.
- Organize and plan events that benefit your community.
- Make Lasting friendships.
- Attend Membership meetings with educational and motivational speakers.
- Opportunities to enhance your skills and develop new ones.
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development.
- Make a difference & have fun!
Hear Why Others Joined the League
“I joined the league because I wanted to really plant my roots in Pelham – to give back to and strengthen the community my family calls home and build lasting friendships with the extraordinary women who make this organization thrive.”
“I’ve always been active in volunteer opportunities that involve education and children. When I moved to Pelham in 2011 from Phoenix, AZ, I immediately joined the Junior League to work on issues like healthy families, education and issues central to the Pelham community. I did it to integrate myself into my new community and to make friends. I stay because of the gratifying work we do. Getting to do good work with amazing people is just a bonus!”
– Nancy Hawkins