The Junior League of Pelham Community Grants Program
The JLP is pleased to make grants available to community programs and projects in Pelham and surrounding communities that address our focus areas of healthy families, education and Pelham improvement. Grants are ultimately awarded based on merit, need and the availability of funds. This grant program is for funding requests only; it is not for requests for support from JLP volunteers. Up to $6,000 will be distributed in total for the current fiscal year, with individual grants starting at $100.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Grant proceeds should ultimately be directed towards improving the lives and health of families, promoting education and/or enriching Pelham or neighboring communities.
- Grants will not be awarded for administrative salaries, fund-raising expenses, or for office equipment, unless those funds provide a direct benefit to the focus areas listed above (i.e., computers for children’s use or teacher salaries may be permissible; whereas, salaries or computers for a secretary or director may not).
- The requesting agency must be a tax-exempt, not-for-profit service organization with its base of operations in the JLP service area.
- The completed application must be submitted via Google Form by Friday, February 12.
- Grant requests will be reviewed and approved by the JLP Grant Selection Committee and presented to the JLP Board of Directors for approval by the VP of Community Outreach. All applicants will be notified of decisions by Friday, March 12.
- A lesser grant amount may be offered by the JLP than the amount requested.
- Each request will be considered on a one-time basis. No application will be carried over from one JLP fiscal year to the next.
- Specific projects within an organization will not be eligible to receive funds for more than two consecutive years, barring special circumstances.
- Recipients agree to acknowledge the JLP as the funding (or one of the funding) organization(s) in a visible, tangible way and in all press releases related to the project.
- Use of matching funds from another source is encouraged.
- Each grant recipient will be required to submit a written evaluation of the project by Friday, December 11 of the receiving year.