The Junior League of Pelham’s 2022-23 season is off to a strong start! Some of the highlights so far:
- Collected about 30 bags of clothing for 914Cares, a Westchester-based nonprofit organization that supports and provides resources to local organizations. We also collected donations of new underwear, socks, towels, and toiletries for the non-profit group Artists, Athletes, Activists who will be distributing these items to migrants arriving in NYC.
- Hosted a free showing of “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” at the Pelham Picture House, organized by the Junior League of Scientists to encourage interest in science.
- Participated in PMHS Breast Cancer Awareness Club’s “pink out” to help support local businesses who were donating portions of their October revenue to the effort.
- Stuffed 200 Halloween treat bags for the New Rochelle Boys & Girls Club (a Sustainer event).
- Welcomed a class of 23 provisionals, who are now deciding their class project. Topics under consideration include creating a network for moms; developing women’s health or financial literacy resources; and activities for kids.