The 2022 JLP Community Roundtable will tackle local climate resilience and how we can work as a community toward more environmental sustainability.
All community members are warmly invited to participate in the roundtable on November 29 at the Daronco Townhouse, 7-9pm.
The Community Roundtable is an annual JLP event that connects people from different constituencies to hear the perspectives of others. Participants include representatives of town and county-wide non-profit organizations, local government, businesses, school district officials, parents, students and community groups.
Open community discussion will follow a panel of speakers, including:
- Hanan Eldahry, liaison to the Village of Pelham Sustainability Advisory Board and Climate Smart Communities Task Force
- Dr. Cheryl Champ, Pelham Superintendent of Schools
- Alexy Scholl, Admin of the Flooded Pelham Facebook Group
- Lynda Raihofer, Director, Ecopel (Environmental Coalition of the Pelhams)
- Ava Knickerbocker and Plum Durham, Co-Presidents of Pelham Eliminates Plastics (PEP), Pelham Memorial High School
Local government officials Mayor Chance Mullen, Village of Pelham; Mayor Jennifer Monachino Lapey, Village of Pelham Manor; and Kristen Burke, Town of Pelham Council will provide closing remarks.
Please RSVP and send in your questions by Nov. 23 at this link