The 2022 JLP Community Roundtable tackled local climate resilience and how we can work as a community toward more environmental sustainability.
The Community Roundtable is an annual JLP event that connects people from different constituencies to hear the perspectives of others. Participants include representatives of town and county-wide non-profit organizations, local government, businesses, school district officials, parents, students and community groups.
It included community discussion and a panel discussion, featuring:
- Hanan Eldahry, liaison to the Village of Pelham Sustainability Advisory Board and Climate Smart Communities Task Force
- Dr. Cheryl Champ, Pelham Superintendent of Schools
- Alexy Scholl, Admin of the Flooded Pelham Facebook Group
- Lynda Raihofer, Director, Ecopel (Environmental Coalition of the Pelhams)
- Ava Knickerbocker and Plum Durham, Co-Presidents of Pelham Eliminates Plastics (PEP), Pelham Memorial High School
Local government officials Mayor Chance Mullen, Village of Pelham; Mayor Jennifer Monachino Lapey, Village of Pelham Manor; and Kristen Burke, Town of Pelham Council were scheduled to provide closing remarks.