It is hard to believe the 2020-2021 JLP year has come to an end. Despite navigating through a global pandemic, virtual schooling, working from home, and isolation from family and friends – our League continued to make a difference. You might even say that our mission was more important than ever.
We are so grateful for all of the hours you contributed to make an impact in our community. We would also like to recognize the current Board as it definitely wasn’t the easiest of years and this group of women made it feel effortless.
A few highlights from the year:
- Evolved the 2020 pandemic initiative, Pelham Cares, into a JLP project to help women and families most impacted by the pandemic
- Pivoted our prized JL of Scientists project to a virtual offering that included the distribution of several scavenger hunt kits
- Partnered with numerous community organizations, including Hearts and Homes for Refugees, My Sisters Place, Hope Soup Kitchen, and Boys and Girls Club of New Rochelle, to offer DIAD opportunities
- Joined forces with Civics to deliver several virtual Professional Prep career discussions
- Hosted the first virtual Community Roundtable to highlight the impact of COVID-19 on the emotional, mental, and overall well-being of youth in Pelham and the surrounding Communities and the work being done by partner organizations to address these challenges
- Donated $9,000 in grants to organizations that help to meet urgent basic needs especially in relation to Covid, support women and their wellbeing and maintain support for projects/organizations that will get a big impact with our funding
- Took our GMMs virtual with a focus on the wellbeing, personal and professional development of our membership, including Sustainers and New Members
- On-boarded one of the largest and most diverse New Members classes, and through their project, partnered with Lifting Up Westchester to donate over 100 care packages to young teenagers in need and source over $12,000 worth of in-kind donations
We hope that you have a great summer with family and friends and come back recharged to hit the ground running with JLP in September. We look forward to working with our incoming 2021-2022 JLP Board and joining forces with each of you in your new JLP Placement roles.
Meredith and Susan